I finally updated the spreadsheet in which I keep track of all transactions in my checking and savings accounts, for the first time this calendar year. Yeah, it’s been that bad.
Thank goodness, I’ve been recording the vast majority of the transactions (and all but two of the important ones) in my checkbook. I had added some random amount to the balance when I was supposed to be subtracting the amount of a check I’d written, so my checkbook and online statement disagreed regarding how much money I had. Updating the spreadsheet has resolved the issue, I think. There are still a couple transactions that haven’t hit the online statement yet.
While I might not be happy about the steady decline in my funds, I do see updating my finances spreadsheet as a return to functional humanity. Here’s hoping I can continue to keep it updated, and that soon the numbers will begin to (at least periodically) go up!